Every year my wonderful hubby and I have gone to the Keg on our anniversary. We ALWAYS order the same appetizer. We always devour it. Then I always come home wondering how to make it. I look online for a few days and then become to saturated with the excitement of Christmas (our anniversary is December 18) to remember to find it.
BUT after 7 years I finally got tired of only having this treat once a year. I scoured the web and finally found it…
I love shrimp. I love garlic. I love cheese. I love bread. and oooh i love butter
This is my happy place!
So here is what you need:
2 escargot plates, i got mine from Stokes
12 shrimpies (i like them tails off, but in my picture above you can see I only had tails on, no big deal)
6 tablespoons of butter (DONT USE MARGARINE. I tried. was terrible)
a few cloves of garlic, minced
a few tablespoons of parsely, chopped fine
1/4 cup jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cheddar or marble cheese, shredded
a few squirts of lemon juice
Now to cook up this buttery goodness:
1. Melt your butter in a sauce pan.
2. Add the garlic and parlsey. Saute for a few min.
3. Add the shrimps. Saute until they are pink or warm the whole way through. (I use precooked shrimp. But if you aren’t you’ll want to wash them before you stick them in, and cook them till they are pink and puffy)
4. Get out those escargot plates. Place one little guy in each hole, and add some of the butter/garlic/parsley mix to each.
5. Cover with cheese.
6. Stick in oven and broil until cheese is melted and a little crispy. Kinda like a good pizza.
7. Serve, with some crusty bread, to your husband who will think you are some chef extraordinaire. (No need to tell him otherwise) I dip my bread in the butter once all the shrimps are annihilated. We like a cold glass of coke with this tasty treat but I think most people would enjoy a glass of wine.
I found this fantastic recipe from http://www.mooseandlulu.com/
They have lots and lots of other yummy recipes so check them out!